Apply for Fall 2023 Admission
The application deadline is December 15, 2022. Please use the CollegeNet online system, linked below, to submit the required parts of your application. The PhD program does not use the CSDCAS system.
GRE scores are not required or accepted for application for the CSD PhD program and will not be used in the review of applications.
Required materials submitted as part of the online application include:
- Statement of purpose
- One transcript from each institution attended. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Three letters of recommendation
Optional materials that may be submitted:
- Writing sample
- Diversity statement
For applicants whose native language is not English, language proficiency is certified in one of the following three ways:
- Have ETS send your TOEFL score to Institution Code 1565. The test must be taken within the past two years. On the TOEFL, an applicant must score 577 or higher on the paper-based test, 233 or higher on the computer-based test, or 90 or higher on the internet based test.
- Have IELTS scores sent directly to program coordinator Cindy Coy (firstname.lastname@example.org). On the IELTS, an applicant must score 7.0 or higher.
- Earning a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent where the language of instruction is English, as evidenced by a transcript.
Questions? See our FAQ page.
For further application inquiries, contact Graduate Admissions Coordinator, Ms. Cindy Coy
at email@example.com or 847-491-5073.